Thursday, October 3, 2013

Twitter Thursdays

For us twitter is about connections, relationships and conversation. We're flattered that anyone follows us or reads our blog and we try to familiarize ourselves with anyone who scopes us out. We've met some pretty awesome individuals. Hopefully this idea of "Twitter Thursdays" will be a fun way to get to know our followers and friends a little more.  With any luck people will read on Thursdays and connect with others in the community.

Since we are music lovers and have written about it here, we thought that a simple way to get some insight into other people is to have them describe their favorite music for us. Music is a way of embodying our feelings and desires in a way we wish we could describe. It strips us down to raw emotion and can lay our souls bare to the world...at least that's my (Dusty's) corny view. Some is just silly, some is serious and all can be enjoyable. Here's to hoping this is a fun, possibly revealing and honest look at a collection of the most truly caring, happy, daring, intelligent and most accepting people we've found through twitter. And so begins....TWITTER THURSDAYS!

Dusty
So here's the background on this and what I hope will happen.




I have a deeper connection to music than anyone I know. When people don't pay attention to it, I can't understand. I was one of those nerds who gave out mixed tapes...then mixed cds (as I grew up). I think that introducing someone to music is the most thoughtful and heartfelt act you can share. Music strips away bullshit and displays your feelings with lyrics that say exactly what you're feeling. Most of the time lyrics make me kick myself for not phrasing my thoughts the way the songwriter did. I feel emotions with the words, my pulse changes with the beats. I enjoy songs that challenge my thinking lyrically and love harmonies and guitars that can make my mind and blood race with their notes. Finding music that goes against the norm, or against my political/social/moral values is one of my favorite things to do. Perhaps its my emotional reactions that addict me to music like a drug substitute.

My brain responds to music more powerfully than any other stimuli besides physical touch. When I hear songs I have flashes of memories, pictures or scenes that the song is creating...my brain creates an environment where my imagination lives. When I hear the vocalist I can feel his or her emotion, I can hear his passion, I get angry when she yells, I can feel the longing in their voices. My thoughts seem to spiderweb to a thousand topics at once. Everything from politics, news, the past, sex, happiness, struggle and paranoia flash through my thinking and seem to solidify into some deeper understanding of my world, my life and myself as a person.  I want to thank our participants in advance because while on some level this is a playful, fun look at you it can also be an incredibly personal and intimate revelation.  I appreciate your honesty and can't wait to see what everyone has to say!  Here's to hoping Twitter Thursdays works! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment