Monday, January 21, 2013

Body after baby and sex

After giving birth, I felt fat. It wasn't pregnancy fat, more like hanging fat from all parts of my body. I didn't have a pregnancy belly to show off or hide behind. It sucked, all the clothes I wore during pregnancy were too big or didn't fit right. And all the clothes I wore before pregnancy were still to small. I felt disgusting. I was now in pain while sitting down, my breasts were sore from breast feeding and pumping. I had stretch marks running on my thighs, hips, boobs, and stomach. My belly button was sore from being stretched so far while pregnant and then popped back after giving birth. Yikes with this list of issues, how could Dusty still want to look at me naked? I felt gross and it was hard to come to terms with my new look. I was still in no shape to have my boobs bouncing while I run, and god forbid my floppy fresh after birth crotch fall loose while I run! Yikes I just wanted to look and FEEL sexy for my husband. The only way I could do that was to figure out how I truly felt about me and come up with a plan.

It took a while to get started, but with encouragement from my husband, we starts walking in the evenings. This continued until I felt ready to run again.

Once I started running, I felt good, I may not have looked good to other people but to me I was comfortable, feeling better, and ready to have sex. There was a ways to go but I was happy in my skin and ready to share my new kind if sexy with my husband.

Today I'm still going on my quest to get to where I used to so I have more energy in the sheets. I am happy with my body but ready to get rid of these stretch marks.

Please share your thoughts... I'd love to hear some stories of how you pushed through sex after baby with a body after baby.




No comments:

Post a Comment