Friday, February 8, 2013

Fantasy Series Intro

Prior to starting this blog we discussed every facet of our sex life and our personal sexual desires and fantasies.  We do this on occasion anyways but figured that if we were about to put it all out there we should discuss each aspect first.  Elle and I have an interesting communication style.  We have never not told the other about anything...sometimes we just have issues getting it across.  But we are brutally honest, always graphic and always clear about where we stand.  We noticed at the beginning of our relationship that we share everything (yes...EVERYTHING) with one another and it seems that sharing is not as common in relationships as we would have figured.  However, after starting this blog and interacting with tons of people we noticed a few things. 

First, our communication improved a bit.  See, I am not the greatest speaker.  I can relate to people, share my feelings and talk until my face is blue.  Where I really flourish though, is in writing.  When I write I can clearly and accurately state what's in my head. Both what I'm feeling and where I'm going.  Especially at the beginning of the blog I realized that while I do verbalize these things to Elle, her impressions didn't match the feelings I had in my head.  I never succeeded to get my points across eloquently or sufficiently enough.  Through our initial posts and some that have been written and have gone unpublished so far (wait for it...) I feel much more open about my feelings and I feel that I've been able to display them a bit more.  The blog has been a great way to have something only to ourselves when we work all day apart then come home to kids all night. 

Second, if you can believe it, Elle is not a huge fan of PDA.  Yes we kiss, hug, hold hands and all the rest but not to a major degree.  I love that stuff but respect her feelings about making other people uncomfortable.  We've always felt that we had a love that didn't need to be shouted out loud.  We knew we were perfect for each other and enough for each other.  We loved in our own world and haven't particularly cared how others felt about us.  Not that we are a crazy couple or anything, just that we lived for each other, totally focused on our love and life...not what our parents or friends or anyone else was thinking or doing.  But through this blog we've quietly, or not so quietly, been proclaiming our relationship in public.  DAMN it feels good.  It's nice to tell someone how hot Elle is or how much I love her body.  Thank you to all of our readers who feel the same.

Lastly, we noticed that since we started the blog, sharing pictures and making videos that our initial thoughts and desires had opened up...er, shifted a little.  We started pushing our boundaries a little and begin to explore each other a little more.  In celebration of our sexual exploration I figured we would create a list of our fantasies and where we stand on fulfilling them.  I know I'm going to have to really push Elle here (she always says whatever I want is her fantasy and that she's satisfied in our sex life) but I know we've talked about three or four she's had or has developed. 

Let us know if this is really something you all want to hear about.  I know that we wonder daily about who is reading (if anyone) and what direction they'd like to see us go.  I figure with our fantasies we'd open up a little and maybe show something new.  Email us at subtlecravings@gmail.com, comment or send us a note on twitter @subtlecravings.

2 comments:

  1. You'll draw the readers to want to read about what you write. But more importantly, as least this was the case for me -- I had to have a place to express myself & tell about my adventures...whether anyone would read or not. It was beneficial and necessary actually. And it did draw an audience who enjoy what I write about. Same will happen for you. Don't worry about what people want, write about what you feel inspired to share or express. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! Yes, we initially started off just writing for ourselves, and thankfully we have a backlog of posts doing just that. But we've found that we really enjoy the community on Twitter and the people we interact with on here. I think it's interesting hearing what other people think compared to how we think. We are loving it so far. Especially with our religion posts and insecurity posts we were definitely writing for us. Thank you for commenting and we definitely won't stop using our own voices. Mainly wondering who was out there. Thanks again!

    -D

    ReplyDelete